Love at First Sight





I still remember that unusual day

When I saw you standing far away

I was totally engrossed in life’s chaos

Like heavenly respite, you came across

You struck an instant chord

With that seraphic smile I instantly adored

Much before I came to know you

I knew you’ll be hard to eschew

From like to love, it moved instantly

It was love at first sight for me

Months passed with me getting restless

Strangely enough, you could never guess

Then one day I woke up from trance

And expressed my feelings since first glance

Deep down, I knew that it wasn't meant to be

Still it pained to see you walk away quietly

It's been a while since I remembered you

I had thought I was over you

Today, I heard someone speaking of love

Ironically, it was only your face I could think of

Comments